Preparing the Offer
When you view a home on the market that you really want, you can hardly wait to be handed the keys. In fact, you may worry that the property will somehow slip through your fingers. Don’t be. You’ve got an experts by your side. US! Our job, as your REALTORS©, is to ensure you get that home – and at a price that works for you.
The first step is preparing the Offer. This is the document we present to the seller that basically states the price you’re offering, all the terms (closing costs requests, closing date, etc) as well as any conditions such as a request for a home inspection.
The price we go in with is critical. You want it to reflect the true market value of the property so the seller will take your offer seriously. On the other hand, you don’t want to go in too high and risk overpaying for the home. You also don’t want to insult the seller by making an offer that is too low thinking he (or she) will negotiate with you. Someone else can come in with a more favorable offer and completely dismiss your offer.
Don’t worry. We know how to prepare winning offers and get you the property at the best possible price. In fact, we look after your interests throughout the entire process.
How the Process Works
When you decide to make an offer on a home, here’s what typically happens:
- We will recommend a price that has the best chance of being accepted by the seller, without over-paying for the home.
- Obviously, sellers prefer offers that have no conditions. However, we may suggest a condition, such as passing a professional home inspection, be included for your protection. We’ll talk about that.
- We will prepare the necessary documents and present your offer to the seller and his or her real estate agent personally.
- If the offer isn’t accepted, or if the seller makes a counter-offer, we will work with the seller’s agent, skillfully negotiating on your behalf to make a deal.
- We will communicate with you throughout the entire process. You’re never in the dark when you work with us.
- Once the seller agrees to a deal, we will help lead you through removal of any conditions and closing the deal. Then, the home is yours. Congratulations!
We realize that making an offer can seem like the nail-biting part of the process. It doesn’t have to be. That’s the advantage of selecting REALTORS® who, like us, put clients first. When you go after a property you really want, you can take comfort in knowing you have experts on your side… REALTORS© who know how to get that home for you.
Have questions about making an offer? Please submit the info in the CONTACT US form or call or email us.